Join Our Team
Annabode is a residential, full-service interior design firm in Denver, Colorado that specializes in environmentally and socially responsible design.
We are growing our team and want YOU to be our flexible and capable design assistant to help us scale projects, serve clients, and deliver on our mission – to help clients create more meaningful homes through thoughtful design that respects the planet and its people.
This is a full-time position with a 3-month contract period to initiate.
As a design assistant you will be an essential part of our team, work directly with our lead designer and founder (Anna Smith) on all projects, and learn every aspect of the interior design business from the inside out. Your priorities will be varied and include representing Annabode as the first point of contact with potential customers, managing current and potential vendors, and facilitating the transition from leads to clients. You will manage our sample library, conduct vendor research, schedule in-person meetings, assist on photoshoots, onboard new clients, create furnishing schedules, take photos and measurements onsite – and a myriad of other things to ensure our projects are delivered on time, and to satisfied clients.
We expect you to anticipate problems before they occur, to remove bottlenecks proactively, and to accelerate projects – all while delighting clients. Your work will require a keen sense of organization and adaptability.
If you care about sustainable design and align with our mission of creating beautiful homes that change the world for the better – we want to hear from you! If you’re familiar with Cradle-to-Cradle, Marie Kondo, and have more Pinterest boards than you can count – we want to hear from you!
What you’ll be doing:
- Answering lead inquiries, conducting discovery calls, and onboarding new clients
- Learning every aspect of the interior design business
- Responding to vendors and potential collaborators
- Selling consultation services
- Maintaining organization and expanding the sample library, and auditing for availability
- Conducting vendor interviews, scheduling vendor meetings, researching new vendors
- Assisting with prop procurement, delivery, and styling on photoshoots
- Assigning and scheduling trades to projects
- Taking photos and measurements of clients’ spaces
- Onboarding new clients into our systems, creating furnishings schedules, managing client files and paperwork, creating project binders
- Assisting in sourcing and creation of presentation boards
- Assisting on site in unpacking, moving, installing, styling, and clean up on installation days
- Excellent communication skills across mediums (verbal, written, in-person) and with all points of contact, including the lead designer, clients, prospects, and vendors
- Unrivaled organizational skills. You must be detail-oriented so we can trust work is being managed correctly the first time
- Pleasant, enthusiastic, and kind – no jerks! You will be the face of Annabode for many parties and need to represent our brand and values faithfully.
- Comfort with a wide range of software such as Studio Designer, Pinterest, Sketchup, Google Suite, Dropbox, Photoshop, Layout, Word, and more.
- Most importantly, a sincere passion for sustainability and interior design!
How to Apply
Send an email to email@example.com with the following:
- A cover letter detailing why you’d work well with us at Annabode, including why you’re passionate about sustainability.
- Your resumé.
- A photo of your dream home with a note about why you love it!