My Ultimate Dream Bedroom Mood Board: California Boho
Most of my favorite designers are based in and around LA, and though I am no Californian I still constantly lust after West Coast style. Does it matter that I was born and raised a New Englander? That the closest I can get to a day at the beach is feeding ducks at the edge of the Potomac? I think not. A girl can dream, anyway.
Speaking of dreams (like that segue? smooth…) I’ve been working on designs for our bedroom this week and wanted to share my ultimate DREAM bedroom mood board with you all. Some of the pieces are crazy affordable (Ikea, anyone?) while others are definitely an investment (ahem…light fixtures). I believe it’s important to spend a little more where quality matters, and scrimp when it doesn’t. For instance, no one’s going to know this Good Vibes Only print cost only $16, but the quality of Cedar and Moss’ wall sconces is noticeable right away–check out that brass interior!
I’m calling this my California Boho bedroom. LA-ers, or whatever you’re called, I apologize.
I envision it with white walls, hardwood floors, and maybe a sheepskin, a Kilim, or a jute rug thrown down (or all three! layers!). I love absolutely everything in this design x 10 and wish I could run out and get everything right now, but my plan is to chip away at these things slowly. If I’m lucky, maybe by next year I’ll have cobbled something together worthy of sharing on the blog.
But dang, I want that cactus!
- OFELIA VASS Duvet cover and pillowcases, Ikea, $59.99.
- Painterly Stripe Sheet Set, Schoolhouse Electric & Supply Co., $119-$189.
- Mid-Century Bed in Acorn, West Elm, $799-$1,199.
- Euphorbia Acurensis, Cactus Limon, $75.
- Tilt Cone Wall Sconce, Cedar and Moss, $159.
- Fair Trade Ghana Bolga Basket, Baskets From Africa, $36.
- Good Vibes Only Typography Print, Letters on Love, $16.02-$48.05.
- Mid Century United Chest, Midcentury Maddist, $275.
- Turkish Kilim Lumbar Pillow, Pillowsstore, $56.
- Vintage Indigo Batik Hmong Cushion Cover, Imprints & Indigo, $60.86.
- URSULA Cushion Cover in Beige, Ikea, $13.
- Double Dipped Wooden Pendant Light, Mutating Creatures, $316.96.
- Convivial Link Blanket, Amber Interiors, $89.
Sarah| 19 November 2014
Beautiful! I would totally come crash in that bedroom. 😉
annabode| 25 November 2014
Haha thanks Sarah!
Kristen| 19 November 2014
Nice! I love that bed. And who doesn’t love a cactus?!
annabode| 25 November 2014
Haha my thoughts exactly!
Jennifer @ Brave New Home| 26 January 2015
I think this is my dream bedroom, too! I made a CA coastal bedroom mood board (http://www.bravenewhome.com/crane-canopy/) that feels a bit more sedated and cool—I like yours even better!
annabode| 2 February 2015
Haha, thanks Jennifer but I actually like yours better! Especially the lamp & photograph. I’ll be working on our bedroom later this year, do you have any plans for yours?