Dining Room Style: Southwestern Chic
Over the past two weeks, I’ve been going through the application process for an interior decorating position at a national company. (Cross your fingers everyone!). One of the requirements was to “redecorate” two rooms that I gleaned from decorating magazines, and put together a mood board for each.
The first room that I chose was a dining room, in a very traditional style. The color palette was mostly off-whites, and they had made the
horrible mistake interesting choice of installing wall-to-wall carpeting (in the dining room! Gah). Here is the original room:
Here is what I turned it into (please forgive my amateur Photoshop skills):
And here is the mood board! I am so in love with this wallpaper, and how good it looks with the honey-colored leather chairs. I wish this was my dining room!
From top left:
- Cosmo Pendant, Crate & Barrel, $299.
- Andanza Wallpaper, Hygge and West, $125/roll.
- Slide Grey Wood Chair, CB2, $129.
- Edwards Cowhide Rug, Lulu & Georgia, $800.
- American Buffalo, The Animal Print Shop, $450.
- Caprice Lamp, Schoolhouse Electric Supply & Co., $399.
- Curved Leather Chair in Honey, West Elm, $254.
- Chelsea Dining Table, Hedge House, $1,645.
- Tile Print Bowl, West Elm, $6.99.
Of course, I had a rather large imaginary budget for this project so unfortunately this room is not in my immediate future. But a girl can dream!
What do you think? Leave a comment in the box below or by clicking the link at the top of the post. I’d love to hear from you!